BlinkOCR works on:
* Autofocus is preferred but not required. On devices without autofocus, OCR quality will be very poor (only very large clear text can be scanned on these devices).
** BlinkOCR on Android supports arm64-v8a, x86 and armeabi-v7a with NEON extensions. Armeabi-v7a CPU's without NEON extensions (e.g. NVIDIA Tegra 2) are not supported.
*** Some Android devices are problematic for BlinkOCR due to hardware or software bugs in device itself. BlinkOCR either does not work on them at all or works, but not optimal. Here is a list of problematic devices:
- LG P350 (LG Pegan)
- problematic because it says it supports autofocus, but crashes when autofocus is requested from camera
- HTC Wildfire
- the image produced by its camera is of too low quality to perform successful recognition
- Nexus 10 (2012)
- if running Android 4.3, Android 4.4 or Android 5.0, it has a bug in camera driver causing camera inaccessible to all apps after performing recognition
- this bug has been fixed in Android 5.1 and was not present in Android 4.2